Places I want to see and things I want to do have been bouncing around in my head all week so I really want to get them down so I can hold myself accountable. I say “Draft 1” because it’s highly unlikely that I will stay with this bucket list forever. I’m sure there are things I’ll want to add (maybe as soon as tomorrow) and maybe delete a few things I don’t care about anymore.
Here’s a start. It may range from lofty to minuscule but it’s what I want to do in my life and that’s all that matters.
- Take a cross-country cycling trip
- Visit all 50 states (15 down!)
- Attempt skiing
- Travel to all 7 continents (highlights: Spain, Greece, Italy, Ireland)
- Go back to Australia with my family
- Complete a triathlon
- Ride a horse
- Own a small farm
- Use my Spanish minor in at least one job
- Live in the mountains
- Be happy
- Start a family
- Hone my photography skills
- Go to culinary school
- Keep in touch with pen-pals
- Get a meaningful tattoo to honor my mom and sister
- Be a camp counselor
- Develop a thriving blog
- Have a career I enjoy
- Live in a city
- Live in the middle of nowhere
I’m sure that this list could go on and on but now it’s your turn. I challenge you to make some hot tea or chocolate (or whatever your kryptonite is), sit down, and truly think about what you want to do in your life. Whether you are young or old, goals are important! Whether it is something you’ve always wanted wanted to do and have never gotten around to or something brand new, write it down. It’s something you can keep to yourself, share with your family, or post online. I just hope that I have inspired you to keep dreaming and to do what makes you happy.